Roku gives you full access for streaming media over the internet. Provided that, you have a fast and reliable internet connection. However, when connecting your Roku to WiFi you might encounter error codes like 001, 009, 14.41, 016, 003, 016, 011, 017, 018, 14.50, 14.20, 14.40, 14.30 and 013. All these codes resembles that there is a fault in the internet connection. Above all, there is this major issue – Purple screen Roku.
Solved: Purple Screen Roku- Unable to connect to WiFi
During the Roku setup, you have to connect it to the home network as like you connect mobile device or computer. Roku will itself show you the list of available networks. All you need to do is choose the correct network and type in the password. Thereafter, a wireless connection will be established between the Roku player and the router or the main access point.
However, if Roku is unable to connect to Wi-Fi, you may not be able to stream your favorite videos or audios, set up your device and launch channels. This is because all these requires an active internet connection. And with intermittent connectivity, you may experience interruptions while streaming.
To get rid of such issues, you need to verify the internet connection. Given below are the steps that will be your guide to fix Purple Screen Roku – unable to connect to WiFi issue:
- From the home screen, navigate to Roku settings.
- Tap on the connection button.
- Here you will find that whether you are connected to the internet or not.
- In the prompted box, enter the correct SSID of your wireless network.
- When typing the password, if you think that you have entered the correct password but it is still not working, type it again.
- Ensure that router is properly working.
- Check the signal strength, may be the signal strength is poor.
- If that so, reboot your Roku player as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you have activate Roku using Link Activation Code.
Implementing these tips will certainly help you to connect Roku to WiFi. But in case you still experience the same issue, contact our professional technicians at 1-855-795-5955 to fix the issue in a just a few minutes. Also, check- how to activate Roku without Credit card.
Purple Screen Roku
On the off chance that Roku detects the HDMI interface with your TV or AVR (audio video receiver) doesn’t offer support for the copy and content protection technology known as HDCP, you may get purple screen along with error code 020. HDCP is High-bandwidth Digital Copy Protection that is utilized particularly on HDMI connections for digital devices such as cable boxes, Blu-ray players and Roku steaming sticks. Aside from this, purple screen Roku is also a consequence of faulty HDMI cable.
Generally the purple screen on Roku indicates ‘HDCP unauthorized. Content disabled’ error. The main originator of this error with my.roku.com/link is the HDMI cable you are using. Old or incompatible cable is one of the main causes for purple screen Roku error. Replace the old HDMI cable with the new one to get rid of this error. On the off chance that the issue still persists, pursue the steps provided beneath:
Roku Purple Screen Fix Steps
- As the matter of first importance, unplug the HDMI cable.
- Power off Roku TV and player by disconnecting the respective power lines.
- Re-plug the HDMI cable and set it up once again.
- This time, use a high-quality and imperfection-free HDMI cable.
- Remember to use the same credentials for activation that you have used for roku.com/link create account.
- Also try using diverse visual display options on Roku.
- Check the batteries of the Roku remote.
- Ensure the use of the correct Roku Link Code while activating the streaming player.
- Check that HDMI cable is installed properly or not. Loose cable connections can result in purple screen Roku OR roku.com link code error.
- There should be a reliable connection between Roku and TV.
- Make use Roku purple screen fix tools from the menu.
- Power off Roku from the electrical outlet and plug it back again after a couple of minutes.
- Turn around and connect the ends of HDMI cable.
If still the same issue keeps on alarming you, call our technical team via toll-free number 1-855-795-5955 and get a quick Roku purple screen fix.