No matter whether you are a Roku device aficionado (expert/professional) or its first-time user, we’ve pulled up a list of some beneficial tips that are perfect for all levels. After reading this post, you will do these on your own.
An Additional Remote
How many times you have misplaced or lost your remote control? As a matter of fact, we have heard numerous stories of remotes ending up in the couch, porch, garage, or even in the fridge by accident. Most of the remotes are chewed by your pets as well.
The Roku mobile application that is available on Android phone and iOS device is always there to save you from binge-watching at night. With the help of this application, you can easily control your Roku streaming player, setup Roku account via roku.com/link as you do with your other remote control.
Add More Channels
Don’t you hate it that when you discover the latest streaming channel, but to add it, you aren’t near to your Roku player? Don’t worry you have numerous options to select.
Using an internet browser on your phone, laptop, computer or tablet, visit the Roku Channel Store – enter the name of your search in the search bar – press + Add channel. And that’s it, you’re done.
Note: Please have Roku activation code handy with you.
As we all know, TV has become the most important part of everybody’s life, even for kids. As a matter of fact, using the advance feature i.e. private listening, you can easily watch all of your favorite programs, shows, and movies without disturbing other members in your home.
Just connect your head/earphones to your mobile device – open the Roku mobile app – press ‘Remote’ and after that, press the headphones icon. Enjoy streaming without bothering others!
Note: For Setting up Roku streaming player, ensure that you have roku.com link code and support of our technical department. If not, then don’t worry, simply dial 1-855-795-5955 (toll-free) and ask us for Roku support.
Despite the fact that with the thousands of adults channels on Roku, you may want to keep things PG-friendly (parental guidance) from your young ones.
Yes? Then you can do in a couple of easy steps. Go to ‘Settings’ navigate to ‘Parental Controls’ and create a unique and strong pin to control what channels you want to add or delete.
Please tell us dear users, – do you appreciate, love, and enjoy our City Stroll: Movie Magic screensaver? Yes? Well, that’s great. Did you know the fact that you can get more screensavers easily from the Roku Channel Store just like that?
Just navigate to the ‘Channel Store’ – hit on ‘Screensavers’ and locate the selection. If you want to use your downloaded screensaver, go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Screensaver’.
This is the most easiest to execute tip to save your precious time if you’re watching entertainment via mobile applications that support casting like YouTube and Netflix.
- Ensure that your mobile device/smartphone is properly connected to the same wireless network as your Roku streaming player.
- As soon as you choose a video, movie or a show to stream – press the icon that looks similar to a square box along with a WiFi symbol.
- After that, you will be able to select your smart Roku player and continue watching on your big screen without any issue. Enjoy!
Note: If you are facing Purple Screen Roku issue, with without any delay ask our technical department of immediate help.
Next Beneficial Tip Is Screen Mirroring
As a matter of fact, not only can you cast from the supported application on a mobile device to your Roku streaming player, but you can easily mirror your entire Roku screen from your Android or iOS device to your TV as well.
Go into Settings. Also, ensure that he’Screen Mirroring’ feature is enabled.
- Now, on your Android phone jump into the phone settings and search for ‘Cast’.
- Get connected to your Roku player and after that, follow the entire set-up process.
- You can now see your display (phone screen) mirrored onto your smart HD TV
- On the other hand, you can also use the Roku mobile application in order to view photos, music, and videos by simply clicking on ‘Photos+’.
Usage of Roku Stick Abroad
Vacations are also one of the great sources of entertainment. In today’s world of stress and tension, everybody wants to be relaxed. But it might be a pain to keep up our favorite shows, movies, videos, and serials.
Well, ‘Hotel & Dorm Connect’ allows you to connect to a public WiFi (unsecure) so that you can bring your Roku streaming player along with you, and don’t miss your preferred shows. For this, you must have Roku com link code with you as well.
First of all, into an HD TV (any) with an HMDI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) port, plug in your Roku streaming player properly.
- After that, on your Roku remote please hit the ‘Home’ button.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option > after that, ‘Network’ > then ‘Set up connection’ and finally select the ‘Wireless’ option.
- Now, from the list of available networks – for the hotel or college dorm please choose the wireless network.
Note: Please select the ‘Scan again’ option in case you do not see any network.
- Once your Roku streaming player connects to the available and active WiFi network, please select the ‘I am at a hotel or college dorm’ option.
The Voice Search
If you have made use of a voice assistant, then you will be quite familiar to communicate with your Roku streaming player. Either using a Roku mobile application remote or the Roku Streaming Stick+ remote, simply hit the ‘voice search’ button. After that, say the name of an actor, director, movie or TV show when prompted.
Having to click to type out a long name (like with any remote) can be a pain. But, with the Roku mobile application, you can easily search for anything using the ‘Remote’ by clicking on the icon that looks similar to a keyboard.
Note: We are reminding you again and again that please have Roku link code with you. Memorize it or note it down somewhere. To stream or activate anything on your Roku device activation code for Roku is a must.